I love learning! For me it is important to get as much knowledge as possible so I can pass this down to my clients.
Agility is not only about the sport itself, it is knowing all the little jigsaw pieces that make up your dogs personality and behaviour and I pride myself on keeping up to date with a number of organisations to ensure my coaching brings knowledgeable up to date and kind methods that are fun for both the dog and handler but that also adapt to suit each individual partnership.
My Instagram feed also has many certificates posted from the many courses I have attended.
Regarding Agility CPD, below is a list of organisations where I pay a monthly subscription and undertake weekly training.
- Dog Training College
- Absolute Dogs Pro Dog Trainer, Pro Trainer Club, Geek and their Agility Academy.
- Susan Garatt Agility Nation.
- One Mind Dogs Premium
- Into Shape Agility.
Along with these organisations I attend a huge amount of online webinars with various sources. I am studying further dog training qualifications and I also train my own dogs weekly with top agility handlers and coaches.
As the Dog Training field is always evolving it is really important for me to keep my skills topped up and fitting with the latest research. I work alongside a number of ethical organisations to bring you current, up to date reward based training.
Below you will find a brief description about how I ensure my skills are kept current and up to date with a number of trainers and organisations who follow the same ethics and ethos as myself.
Being an approved instructor with the Dog Training College means I have to abide by certain ethics. Along with this it is a requirement that I undertake CPD each year.
I am qualified to teach the Dog Training College’s Body Language and Reactive Rascals Seminars. I am also a Inner Circle Member which gives me access to hundreds of training resources, courses and workshops to continue my knowledge and professional development. I have included a few examples below:
I am a Canine Body Language Specialist, achieving 100% in the assignment.
I am a platinum member of the Pet Professionals Network and undertake their training and courses on a weekly basis.
I am currently undertaking courses with The School of Canine Science. I have completed their Fear, Nutrition and Behaviour, 30 Days of Canine Science, and Puppy Lab courses:
I am currently studying further courses with Canine Principles. I have recently completed:
I am a founding member of the Pro Trainer Programme with Absolute Dogs and I have successfully completed a multitude of their courses including Behaviour Geek and Coaching.
Previous Other Training :
- Centre of Excellence – Diploma in Canine Behaviour Training – Distinction.
- Agility Training for Trainers Courses.
- Canine First Aid.
- First Aid in the Workplace.
- Craig Ogilvie Workshops and Seminars.
- Dog Walking Training – involving dog behaviour, dog walking information, health and safety etc. Ashbourne Animal Welfare – Induction Training involving procedures, health and safety, dog training, practical training on how to walk and train the dogs / behaviour etc
- Amber Dog Assessment – relevant training to be able to walk and train the more challenging dogs.
Practical Dog Training Undertaken with my own Dogs:
- Agility Training days with Toni Dawkins.
- Absolute Dogs Training Camps.
- Pro Trainer Development Days with Absolute Dogs.
- Interactive Play Workshop with Craig Ogilvie.
- Workshops with Kamal Fernandez.
- Weekly Agility one to one and group coaching with Georgina Baker.
- Monthly one to one training and group coaching with Nic Jones of One Mind Dogs.
- Agility Workshops with Selena Bray.
- Training Camp with Heather Mclean, Toni Dawkins and Nic Jones.
- Agility Workshops and Online Training with Nicola Wildman.
- Agility workshops with Laura Chudleigh.
- Agility workshops with Daniel Hodson.
- Online training on specific Agility areas such as weaves, jump grid games, distance handling, foundation skills and trouble shooting with Selena Bray.
- Online Agility training courses with Toni Dawkins.
- Online Agility training with Heather McLean.
- Online Agility training with One Mind Dogs.
- Agility Workshops and Training weekends with Shaun Hunt and Amy Lawson.
- Online training with Absolute Dogs.
- Online training with Laura Chudleigh.
- Online training with Into Shape Agility.
- Puppy class Alfreton Park with Judith Powell, working on focus, recall, walking to heel, leave it, waits and other exercises in a distracting outside environment.
- Pre-Agility with Amanda Yoxall / Kim Hunt
- Agility Classes with Amanda Yoxall / Kim Hunt
- Puppy Class Belper with Kim Hunt working in a inside environment on focus work, working to heel, recall, leave it, waits, and other exercises.
- Click and Trick Training with Kim Hunt
- Rally Training with Kim Hunt
- Sniffer Workshop with Kim Hunt
I am committed to continuously updating my own knowledge for the benefit of each and every dog and owner I work with.